Cloud storage for enterprises is the future of modern business. Cloud technologies are gaining more and more market share every year as it is an excellent way to organize business data securely. Here is more about it.
Why do people use the cloud to store their data?
Most companies still store information on hard drives. These are gigabytes of data, the loss of which can be associated with serious problems for the business. The solution to the problem for management is possible in two directions: transferring data to a cloud service or buying a larger hard drive (server hardware). But, of course, a cloud-based solution is a better alternative. So, how does it work?
To create a cloud storage system, you need a server connected to the Internet. Users link to it, send or download data, and edit it using a simple web interface. Unfortunately, even the creation of a local infrastructure of small size is too expensive and challenging for most companies. The purchase and configuration of equipment, the arrangement of the premises in which the infrastructure will be located, maintenance, and upgrade require expensive specialists and high associated costs. And public or hybrid cloud storage with pay-as-you-go pricing gives companies a way to quickly and inexpensively get the right resources.
So, the main advantage of renting infrastructure is cost reduction. All tasks related to infrastructure maintenance are the responsibility of the provider. Companies do not need:
- buy equipment;
- update software;
- rent space for data centers;
- pay for electricity;
- keep the IT staff.
In addition to the benefits of renting infrastructure, the cloud architecture makes it economically flexible. The cloud is presented to the user as a set of computing resources that can be reduced or expanded through the control panel.
Virtual data room – a perfect alternative to organize your data online
You probably know a lot of cloud storage systems like Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox. These online storage are actively used all over the world. However, additional conditions are essential for companies that need reliable storage of large amounts of data. Therefore, they are looking for a provider ready to offer enterprise-grade hosting and the rapidly scalable infrastructure required to meet growing business needs. Virtual data room is an example of such software with extensive experience hosting IT infrastructure for corporate clients in the cloud.
The main advantages of cloud storage are convenience to access company information and reliable data protection through automatic backup. Upgrading the hard drive is a temporary local measure. Transferring and storing data in the cloud is a more functional and reliable solution. Other benefits of the data room cloud storage include:
- Information Sharing. Most data room vendors make it possible to open access to files and collaborate on them with other users. And all these manipulations can be carried out in real-time. It increases the enterprise’s productivity and allows you to organize the workflow more efficiently.
- Absolute protection of information from viruses and unauthorized access. Trusting company data to a cloud service, you can no longer worry about their safety and security.
- Data backup to the cloud. All company information is securely protected through regular automatic data backup to the cloud.
- Relevance of databases. Since the database is stored in the cloud, any changes become available to every employee. Updating information in real-time allows remote teams to interact more effectively, control inventory, and arrange simultaneous work on a project by several employees at once.